Coronavirus & your wellbeing
You might be worried about coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it could affect your life.
This may include having to stay at home and avoid other people. This might feel difficult or stressful. Some people may experience hair loss in other parts of the body. Although the hair will grow back, continued anxiety and stress can cause the hair loss to continue leading to different patches of hair and baldness. There are lots of things you can try that could help your wellbeing at this difficult time.
Practical advice for wellbeing:
- Eat well and stay hydrated
- Keep taking your medication
- Continue accessing treatment and support if possible (Ask about having appointments by phone, text or online)
- Take care of your immediate environment (If you are spending a lot of time at home, you may find it helpful to keep things clean and tidy, although this is different for different people.)
- Find ways to work or study at home
- Connect with people (keep in touch digitally)
- Try to keep active – Find ways to relax and be creative
- If you’re feeling anxious it might help to plan a ‘safe space’ in your home that you’ll go to.